• Leadership Issues for Gang Units - Address the crucial role of leadership in gang units,
identify characteristics of effective leadership, and anticipate and overcome common
issues in gang unit leadership.
• RICO- A Gang Case Study – An overview of a successful RICO gang prosecution, the
interaction of the agency with the prosecutor and effective techniques to investigate a
RICO case and the tactics utilized by prosecutors for a RICO case.
• National Gang Legislative Initiatives – This presentation will provide information of
national and state gang legislation that is currently being considered and how agencies
and municipalities can effectively address these activities. An overview of the National
Criminal Justice Association and its role in this arena will be discussed.
• Effective Education Initiatives for Gang members and At-Risk Youth – An overview
of programming from the West Palm Beach Public School District that features their
initiatives for assisting at-risk youth to be successful and continue with quality education.
• Managing Correctional Gang Units – Best practice methods for managing correctional
gang units, including policy and procedures, validation of gang members, establishing
effective control methods for Security Threat Groups.
• Chief’s Panel on National Gang Issues – This will be a facilitated discussion group of
managerial issues at the Chief or Administrators level from executives from a small,
medium, and large agency heads in the arena of LE, Corrections, and Probation/Parole.
• Gang Search Warrants- Search and Seizure Issues – How can we effectively conduct
search warrants of gang members and organizations, to include search and seizure issues,
and combining those elements to be more efficient in the prosecution of those gangs?
• Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs- Case Study - Managing an effective long-term investigation
of outlaw motorcycle gangs.
• Gang Prosecution Issues- Canada and the US - This class identifies the distinctions
between Canadian vs. United States gang prosecutions and how gang members are using
these issues to their benefit, seen through the experience of an experienced Crown
Attorney for Canada.
• Prevention/Intervention Methods for Female Gang Members - A look at the difficult
challenges of providing strategies to assist females from entering the gang life as well as
strategies to assist them exit the gang life.
• Intelligence Roundtables – Law enforcement professionals in individual roundtable
discussions and information sharing forum targeting MS-13, Latin Kings, Surenos, and
the East Coast Bloods.
This list in not all inclusive and additional classes may be added to the programming.
These courses will provide attendees with a wealth of information regarding multi-disciplinary
approaches to gang enforcement, education, and prevention/intervention strategies that can be
implemented by agencies, schools, and municipalities in the struggle to understand, deal with,
and overcome gang issues within our communities. NAGIA has invited many SME’s (Subject
Matter Experts) from across the country to provide, share and discuss information with law
enforcement, education, prevention/intervention, political executives and leaders in this forum.